Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Performance Poem q&a

Grinding; smashing every part
This world you though you were creating
Is crumbling like an old piece of wood
Its hard to change the mind of hundreds
When you, yourself, keeping changing time
The time on the clock is over due
The crows are starting to screech
You can not do this to us
We who gave you life in this world
You tricked us; fooled us
Your disguise was drawn out quite well
Who were we to think your machine would put us back?
Grinding; your smashing everything apart.


1) What voice is apparent within your poem? Please describe in detail.
-I feel the voice is anger. I feel the voice has self confidence and has no respect for whoever it is addressing. It is also very demanding.

2) What type of mood will you try to express when performing your poem in front of the class?
-The mood I will show is anger, determination, and have no patience.

3) What types of gestures, nonverbals, and or movement will you be incorporating into your performance?
-I will be over exaggerating everything. Every line will have a movement along with intense verbal interpretation.

4) What frightens you about this assignment? What seems exciting about this assignment?
- What frightens me is looking foolish infront of everyone..but I really don't care. And whats exciting is that I get to look foolish and go out of my comfort zone. I love doing that. I like that this assigmnet is about us expanding our poetry world. Its not about the other people around us; its just us interpreting our poems in an exciting eccentric out of the ordinary way.


5) How does performance poetry enhance the meaning of a poem? Be specific.
-I think this way of performing it shows how we interpret the poem. It definitely exposes us, which is pretty neat and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment